How to Install Blade Elite Android 4.1 Custom ROM on HTC One X
Now you can update your HTC One X with the all new Blade Elite Android 4.1 Custom ROM.It comes with the goodness of Jellybean and also has Sense 5.0 UI. It works quite well ,the UI is fast and it is fully optimized for the device.So just follow the simple steps below and update your device.Battery life is also quite good.
So before we proceed, there is a list of Pre Requisites that you have to fulfill.
Make a backup of your Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
Backup your APN and MMS Settings, contacts, messages, call log..etc and don’t use KIES or ROM manager.
Disclaimer: We are not responsible for any mishap with your smartphone or Tablets .SO…Please follow all the steps mentioned in this article carefully otherwise there is a very clear risk of bricking your device for which we should not be held responsible.
Enable the USB debugging, for that go to “Settings > Applications > Development > USBdebugging” and the most important part make sure that your device is left with more than 60% of the battery to insure that the device doesn’t get turned Off in the process of firmware update.
Please Remember :
This tutorial is only for installing Blade Elite Android 4.1 Custom ROM on HTC One X. Don’t use it on other Variants.
Your device should be rooted and have ClockworkMod recovery installed.
This is not an official release by HTC.
Applying this ROM will void your device warranty.
Now the main Part:-
- First Download Blade Elite Android 4.1.1 ROM to your computer and extract the same.
- Now connect your device and copy/paste the downloaded file in the root folder(which means in no folder).
- Copy/paste the boot.img file to android-sdk-windowsplatform-tools directory.
- Now turn OFF your phone.
- Start your phone in Bootloader Mode by pressing and holding the Volume Down + Power buttons.
- Once your are in Bootloader mode, go to android-sdk-windowsplatform-tools directory (on your computer) and open Command Prompt (Shift + Right-click > Open Command Prompt).
- Now you have to type a command :
fastboot flash boot boot.img
- After that ,type the following command and press Enter.
- Now select BOOTLOADER and then go to RECOVERY.
- Once you are in Recovery Mode select “wipe data/factory reset” and confirm with the help of power button.
- After that select “wipe cache partition” this will remove all the cache files from your device.
- Now in CWM recovery, go to ‘advanced’ and then select “wipe dalvik cache” to perform a wipe of your dalvik cache.
- After all this go back to the main screen and select “install zip from SD card”.
- Now select “choose zip from sdcard”, you can navigate with the help of volume keys and select the Firmware zip file(Android 4.1 ROM) that you copied in the initial stage and confirm the installation process. It will start the process, it will take some time.
- After you completed all these steps go back and select “reboot system now” from the recovery menu.
Your HTC One X will take around 4-5 minutes to boot up for the first time.
That’s it You have successfully Updated your HTC One X with Blade Elite Android 4.1 Jelly Bean Custom Firmware.Please let us know how it works in the comment section and If you are facing any problem, feel free to ask me and don’t forget to share this.