How to Root XXEMD2 Android 4.1.2 on Galaxy S3 I9300 Jelly Bean Official Firmware
Now you can root your Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 if you are using it on XXEMD2 Jellybean 4.1.2, other wise you have to flash your phone with the help of this article Update Galaxy S3 I9300 with XXEMD2 Jellybean 4.1.2 Firmware. You can check your phone version by going to setting >about phone>Firmware Version, were you can see the mentioned XXEMD2 Jellybean 4.1.2.
Now assuming that you have updated your device with XXEMD2 lets began the rooting process.
So before we proceeds, there is a list of Pre Requisites that you have to fulfill.
Make a backup of your Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SDCard,
Backup your APN and MMS Settings, contacts, messages, call log..etc and don’t use KIES or ROM manager.
Disclaimer: We are not responsible for any mishap with your smartphone or Tablets .SO…Please follow all the steps mentioned in this article carefully otherwise there is a very clear risk of bricking your device for which we should not be held responsible.
Please keep in mind
- This tutorial is only for Galaxy S3 I9300. Please don’t try this on any other variants of the phone.
- This will void your warranty.
- Enable the USB debugging, for that go to “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” and the most important part make sure that your device is left with more than 40% of the battery to insure that the device doesn’t get turned Off in the process of firmware update.
Now the main Part:-
- First Download CF-Root-SGS3-v6.4.zip and Odin3-v1.85 to your computer and extract both files on your desktop.
- Now run Odin and turn off your phone and boot it in Download mode.You can enter Download mode in your Galaxy S3 I9300 by pressing Volume down Key, Center button, and holding both at the same time press the Power Button after that the device has entered in the download mode and you will see a robot.
- After you entered download Mode connect your device to the computer with the help of USB cable and then you will see that the ID : COM section will turn Yellow /Blue this shows that drivers have been installed successfully.
- In ODIN, check the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options.
- Now Click on “PDA” option and select the rooting tar file that you downloaded in the initial stage and then click on “Start”.
Wait till the firmware is updated successfully (it will take around 2-4 minutes),after that your device will reboot ,please don’t remove the USB till you see the Language Settings option.Once your phone boot successfully and it displays home screen , remove the USB cable.
So that’s it You have successfully Rooted your Galaxy S3 I9300 on XXEMD2 Jellybean 4.2.2 Firmware . Please let us know how it works in the comment section and If you are facing any problem, feel free to ask me.