How to Update Galaxy Note 2 N7100 with Cyanogen Mod 10.1 Jellybean 4.2.2 Firmware
CM 10.1 is now available for Galaxy Note 2 N7100. This firmware comes with lot of bug fixes and more stability from the previous version. It comes with amazing new features and still in development.You can play with the optimizing options too. SO just follow the guide below and update your device.
So before we proceed, there is a list of Pre Requisites that you have to fulfill.
- Enable the USB debugging, for that go to “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”
- And the most important part make sure that your device is left with more than 40% of the battery to insure that the device doesn’t get turned Off in the process of firmware update.
Please Remember :
This tutorial is only for installing CM10.1 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Custom Firmware on Galaxy Note 2 N7100. Don’t use it on other Variants.
Your device should be rooted and have ClockworkMod recovery installed.
For that first you have to update your device with the help of this article Update Galaxy Note 2 N7100 with Jellybean XXDME1 4.1.2 Firmware and then root it with this Root Galaxy Note 2 N7100 on Jellybean XXDME1 4.1.2 Firmware .
This tutorial will wipe out all your data and may void your device warranty.
Now the main Part:-
- Now connect your Galaxy Note 2 N7100 and copy/paste the downloaded file in the root folder(which means in no folder).
- Disconnect your device and turn it off.
- Now you have to start your device in RECOVERY Mode. You can do it by pressing and holding the Volume Up + Volume Down and Power buttons at the same time.
- Once you are in Recovery Mode select “wipe data/factory reset” and confirm with the help of power button.
- After that select “wipe cache partition” this will remove all the cache files from your device.
- Now in CWM recovery, go to ‘advanced’ and then select “wipe dalvik cache” to perform a wipe of your dalvik cache.
- After all this go back to the main screen and select “install zip from SD card”.
- Now select “choose zip from sdcard”, you can navigate with the help of volume keys and select the Firmware zip file(Android 4.2.2 ROM) that you copied in the initial stage and confirm the installation process. It will start the process, it will take some time.
- Once again do the same steps for Google Apps zip file .
- After you completed all these steps go back and select “reboot system now” from the recovery menu.