How to Update Galaxy Note 2 N7100 with Official Jelly Bean 4.1.2 XXDMB5 Firmware
Here is a good news for every Samsung galaxy Note 2 user, now they can use Official Jelly Bean 4.1.2 XXDMB5 Firmware. This version comes with lots of improvement like Overheating and camera bugs have been resolved. So before we start the installation process , make sure that you have a back up copy of your data and please don’t use KIES because after this update it will not read your Device.
Please note If you are running a rooted rom on your Note, it will remove the root access. But don’t worry we will provide the rooting technique in some time.”UPDATE : How to Root Galaxy Note 2 N7100 on XXDMB5 Jellybean 4.1.2 Firmware”
Now before we start the party Make sure to backup all your data like SMS, Contacts, Call logs.
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
Backup your APN and MMS Settings.
Disclaimer: We are not responsible for any mishap with your smartphone or Tablets .SO…Please follow all the steps mentioned in this article carefully otherwise there is a very clear risk of bricking your device for which we should not be held responsible.
Now boot your Note in the Recovery Mode.You can enter Recovery Mode by pressing Volume Up Key, Center button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button.
In recovery mode, select “clear cache” and “wipe data / factory reset” option this will erase your data completely.
Make sure your device is left with more than 50% of the battery to make sure that just the device doesn’t get turned Off in the process of firmware update.
After all this steps now we proceed to the main Firmware update Process.
- Download the XXDMB5 Jelly Bean 4.1.2 firmware Package and Odin from here to your computer. After this extract the same to your computer and run Odin.
- Now turn your phone off and boot it in Downloading mode by pressing Volume down Key, Center button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button.
- Now connect your phone to your computer will the Odin is open, the ID : COM section will turn Yellow and this will tell you that your phone is connected with the computer and the drives have been installed an its ready to use.
- Now click on PDA and select the extracted Tar format file.
- Click on “Start” to start the process of firmware update.
- Once the flashing process is completed, the phone will automatically reboot and you will see a ‘Green’ PASS notification in the top-left-most box. You can unplug the device from the computer after you see the country selection menu .
So, this is it, you have successfully installed Official Jelly Bean 4.1.2 XXDMB5 Firmware on your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100.
If you are having any problem, feel free to ask me.