How to Update Galaxy S3 I9300 with XXUFME3 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Official Test Firmware
Here is a new official firmware for your Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300. Named as XXUFME3 it comes with the goodness of Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean.Its an official test version that has been leaked by SamMobile. This firmware is still under development and Samsung will release it in some day. It has the new Touchwiz UI and some new features as compared with previous version.SO just follow the simple steps given below and update your Galaxy S3 I9300. It’s a official firmware , so it doesn’t require a custom recovery like CWM.
So before we proceed, there is a list of Pre Requisites that you have to fulfill.
Make a backup of your Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
Backup your APN and MMS Settings, contacts, messages, call log..etc.
Disclaimer: We are not responsible for any mishap with your smartphone or Tablets .SO…Please follow all the steps mentioned in this article carefully otherwise there is a very clear risk of bricking your device for which we should not be held responsible.
Enable the USB debugging, for that go to “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” and the most important part make sure that your device is left with more than 60% of the battery to insure that the device doesn’t get turned Off in the process of firmware update.
Please Remember :
- This tutorial is only for installing Jelly ‘Beans’ XXUFME3 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Official Test Firmware on Galaxy S3 I9300. Don’t use it on other Variants.
- This tutorial will wipe out all your data.
- It will remove the Root access but you can Root it with the help of this article :Root XXUFME3 Android 4.2.2 on Galaxy S3 I9300 Jelly Bean Official Test Firmware
Now the main Part:-
- First Like then download [like-gate] Download Android 4.2.2 I9300XXUFME3 [/like-gate]
and Odin to your computer and extract both files on your desktop.
- Now run Odin and turn off your phone and boot it in Download mode.You can enter Download mode in your Galaxy S3 I9300 by pressing Volume down Key, Center button, and holding both at the same time press the Power Button after that the device has entered in the download mode and you will see a robot.
- After you entered download Mode connect your device to the computer with the help of USB cable and then you will see that the ID : COM section will turn Yellow /Green this shows that drivers have been installed successfully.
- Now Click on “PDA” option and select the firmware tar file that you downloaded in the initial stage and then click on “Start”.
It will start the process of firmware update, Wait till the firmware is updated successfully (it will take around 3-4 minutes),after that your device will be rebooted ,please don’t remove the USB till you see the Language Settings option.Once your phone boot successfully and it displays home screen , remove the USB cable.
So that’s it You have successfully Updated your Galaxy S3 I9300 with XXUFME3 Jellybean 4.2.2 Firmware . Please let us know how it works in the comment section and If you are facing any problem, feel free to ask me.