How to Update Galaxy S3 Mini I8190 with XXAMD3 Android 4.1.2 Official Firmware
Now you can Update your Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini I8190 with XXAMD3 Jellybean 4.1.2. Samsung has rolled out this firmware is European countries through KIES. But don’t worry you can update it manually, just follow the steps given bellow. It comes with some minor bug fixes.
So before we proceeds, there is a list of Pre Requisites that you have to fulfill.
Make a backup of your Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card,
Backup your APN and MMS Settings, contacts, messages, call log..etc and don’t use KIES or ROM manager.
Disclaimer: We are not responsible for any mishap with your smartphone or Tablets .SO…Please follow all the steps mentioned in this article carefully otherwise there is a very clear risk of bricking your device for which we should not be held responsible.
Please keep in mind
- This tutorial is only for Samsung S3 Mini I8190. Please don’t try this on any other variants of the phone.
- Enable the USB debugging, for that go to “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” and the most important part make sure that your device is left with more than 40% of the battery to insure that the device doesn’t get turned Off in the process of firmware update.
Now the main Part:-
- First Download Android 4.1.2 I8190XXAMD3 and Odin to your computer and extract both files on your desktop.
- Now turn your phone off and boot it in Downloading mode by pressing Volume down Key, Center button, and holding both at the same time and press the Power Button.
- Make sure you have your GalaxyS3 Mini I8190 USB drivers installed on your computer
- Now run Odin on your computer.
- Now connect your Galaxy S3 Mini I8190 to your computer will the Odin is open, the ID : COM section will turn Yellow and this will tell you that your phone is connected with the computer and the drives have been installed an its ready to use.
- Now select the files that you have to flash on your phone. These files are to be found from the extracted files in the initial stage.
- Click on ‘PDA’ and select file name ‘CODE’ .
- Click on ‘Phone’ and select file name ‘MODEM’.( Ignore this step if there is no such file.)
- Click on ‘CSC’ and select file name CSC’ .( Ignore this step if there is no such file.)
- Click on ‘PIT’ and select the .pit file.( Ignore this step if there is no such file.)
- Now check the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options and if you have selected the PIT file then, you must check Re-Partition option .
- Click on “Start” to start the process of firmware update.
- Once the updating process is completed, the phone will automatically reboot and you will see a ‘Green’ PASS notification in the top-left-most box. It will take some time, around 4-5 minutes to boot up . You can unplug your Galaxy S3 Mini I8190 from the computer after you see the country selection menu .
- That’s it You have successfully Updated your Galaxy S3 Mini I8190 with XXAMD3 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Official Firmware.Please let us know how it works in the comment section and If you are facing any problem, feel free to ask me and don’t forget to share this.