How to Update Galaxy S4 GT I9505 with Google PLAY Edition Jellybean 4.3 Firmware
Finally the Galaxy S4 GT I9505 user can enjoy the latest Android Jellybean 4.3 firmware .Few days back Google came with the latest jellybean only for the Google PLAY Edition of Galaxy S4, but now we can use it to update the Galaxy S4 GT I9505. So,just follow the simple steps below and update your device ,but before we do that please keep in mind this will void your device warranty.
So before we proceeds, there is a list of Pre Requisites that you have to fulfill.
Your device need to have a custom Recovery installed because you can not install this firmware with the help of Odin.For that first root your device with the help of this article: How to Root XXUAMDL Android 4.2.2 on Galaxy S4 I9500 Stock Firmware
To check on whether your device is rooted or not, download the “Root Checker” app from the Google PLAY Store.
- Enable the USB debugging, for that go to “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”
- And the most important part make sure that your device is left with more than 40% of the battery to insure that the device doesn’t get turned Off in the process of firmware update.
Your device should be rooted and have ClockworkMod recovery installed.
This tutorial will wipe out all your data.
Now the main Part:-
- Now connect your Galaxy S4 GT I9505 and copy/paste the downloaded file in the root folder(which means in no folder).
- Disconnect your device and turn it off.
- Now you have to start your device in RECOVERY Mode. You can do it by pressing and holding the Volume Up + Volume Down and Power buttons at the same time.
- Once you are in Recovery Mode select “wipe data/factory reset” and confirm with the help of power button.
- After that select “wipe cache partition” this will remove all the cache files from your device.
- Now in CWM recovery, go to ‘advanced’ and then select “wipe dalvik cache” to perform a wipe of your dalvik cache.
- After all this go back to the main screen and select “install zip from SD card”.
- Now select “choose zip from sdcard”, you can navigate with the help of volume keys and select the Firmware zip file(Android 4.3 ROM) that you copied in the initial stage and confirm the installation process. It will start the process, it will take some time.
- After you completed all these steps go back and select “reboot system now” from the recovery menu.
Your Galaxy S4 GT I9505 will take around 4-5 minutes to boot up for the first time.
If you enjoyed this article, Get email updates (It’s Free)