How to Update LG Optimus G to Jelly Bean 4.2.2 with Avatar Custom ROM
Now this will make all the LG Optimus G users happy because finally they can experience the amazing Jelly Bean 4.2.2. Thanks to Avatar Custom ROM now they can enjoy jelly bean, please keep in mind this is not an Official firmware from the company, So your device warranty will get void and make sure your device is Rooted.
Please Remember :
This tutorial is only for installing Avatar Custom ROM Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean on LG Optimus G. Don’t use it on other Variants.
Your device should be rooted and have ClockworkMod recovery installed. (JUST GOOGLE IT)
This tutorial will wipe out all your data.
Now the main Part:-
- Now connect your LG Optimus G and copy/paste the downloaded file in the root folder(which means in no folder).
- Disconnect your device and turn it off.
- Now you have to start your device in RECOVERY Mode. You can do it by pressing and holding the Volume Up + Volume Down and Power buttons at the same time.
- Once you are in Recovery Mode select “wipe data/factory reset” and confirm with the help of power button.
- After that select “wipe cache partition” this will remove all the cache files from your device.
- Now in CWM recovery, go to ‘advanced’ and then select “wipe dalvik cache” to perform a wipe of your dalvik cache.
- After all this go back to the main screen and select “install zip from SD card”.
- Now select “choose zip from sdcard”, you can navigate with the help of volume keys and select the Firmware zip file(Android 4.2.2 ROM) that you copied in the initial stage and confirm the installation process. It will start the process, it will take some time.
- Once again do the same steps for Google Apps zip file .
- After you completed all these steps go back and select “reboot system now” from the recovery menu.
Your LG Optimus G will take around 4-5 minutes to boot up for the first time.