Tag Archives: Update Galaxy Note 2 N7100
Here is a new firmware for the Galaxy Note 2 N7100 ,named as XXDME1.It comes with some useful bug fixes related to camera and over-heating.It also comes with some minor UI improvements. So before we proceed to the main process, there is a list of Pre Requisites that you should follow.
Applying this firmware will not void your warranty or Root your device.
So before we proceeds, there is a list of Pre Requisites that you have to fulfill.
Make a backup of your Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to internal / External SD Card(All your Data)
Backup your APN and MMS Settings, contacts, messages, call log..etc manually and don’t use KIES.
Disclaimer: We are not responsible for any mishap with your smartphone or Tablets .SO…Please follow all the steps mentioned in this article carefully otherwise there is a very clear risk of bricking your device for which we should not be held responsible.
- Enable the USB debugging, for that go to “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” and the most important part make sure that your device is left with more than 40% of the battery to insure that the device doesn’t get turned Off in the process of firmware update.
Now the main Part:-
- First Download XXDME1 Jellybean 4.1.2 Package and Odin to your computer and extract both files on your desktop.
- Now run Odin and turn off your phone and boot it in Download mode.You can enter Download mode in your Galaxy Note 2 N7100 by pressing Volume down Key, Center button, and holding both at the same time press the Power Button after that the device has entered in the download mode and you will see a robot.
- After you entered download Mode connect your device to the computer with the help of USB cable and then you will see that the ID : COM section will turn Yellow /Green this shows that drivers have been installed successfully.
- Now Click on “PDA” option and select the firmware tar file that you downloaded in the initial stage and then click on “Start”.
It will start the process of firmware update, Wait till the firmware is updated successfully (it will take around 2-4 minutes),after that your device will be rebooted ,please don’t remove the USB till you see the Language Settings option.Once your phone boot successfully and it displays home screen , remove the USB cable.
So that’s it You have successfully Updated your Galaxy Note 2 N7100 with XXDME1 Jellybean 4.2.2 Firmware . Please let us know how it works in the comment section and If you are facing any problem, feel free to ask me.