Update Galaxy S3 GT I9300 with Official Jellybean 4.2.2 XXUFME7 Firmware
After waiting for such a long time finally the Galaxy S3 GT I9300 owner can enjoy the Jellybean 4.2.2 XXUFME7 Firmware. Tis version has fixed the Wi Fi issue and some minor bug, the firmware is based on Build ID: JDQ39 and has some awesome new features like S4 Lock screen,Daydream some extra feature in Notification Center with new S-Voice .
Change log : – Android 4.2.2 – Build ID: JDQ39
- New S4 Lock screen: Multiple Widgets, two Unlock effects (Ripple and Light), improved ripple effect than Android 4.1.2, ability to change clock size and set a personal
- New Screen modes (From S4): Adapt Display and Professional Photo
- Driving mode – Actionable notifications
- New Additions in Notification Center
- Tabbed interface
- Addition of Voice controls
- Gallery modes have white background (When changing gallery modes to 3D the background changes to white)
- Full screen Samsung apps – New S-Voice (from S4)
So just follow the simple steps below and update your device with the Official Jellybean 4.2.2 XXUFME7 Firmware.
Please keep in mind it’s an Official Firmware and not a Custom ROM, So just relax it will not root or void your device warranty.
So before we proceeds, there is a list of Pre Requisites that you have to fulfill.
- Enable the USB debugging, for that go to “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”
- And the most important part make sure that your device is left with more than 40% of the battery to insure that the device doesn’t get turned Off in the process of firmware update.
Now the main Part:-
- Now run Odin and turn off your phone and boot it in Download mode.You can enter Download mode in your Galaxy S3 GT I9300 by pressing Volume down Key, Center button, and holding both at the same time press the Power Button after that the device has entered in the download mode and you will see a robot.
- After you entered download Mode connect your device to the computer with the help of USB cable and then you will see that the ID : COM section will turn Yellow /Green this shows that drivers have been installed successfully.
- Now Click on “PDA” option and select the firmware tar file that you downloaded in the initial stage and then click on “Start”.
It will start the process of firmware update, Wait till the firmware is updated successfully (it will take around 4-5 minutes),after that your device will be rebooted ,please don’t remove the USB till you see the Language Settings option.Once your phone boot successfully and it displays home screen , remove the USB cable.
Join the Forum discussion on this post
Now you can Root this firmware with the help of this guide : How to Root Galaxy S3 I9300 on XXUFME7 Jellybean 4.2.2 Firmware
If you enjoyed this article, Get email updates (It’s Free)