Update Galaxy S3 mini i8190 with Official XXAME1 Jellybean 4.1.2 Firmware
Here is a new Official XXAME1 Jellybean update for your Galaxy S3 mini i8190, this time it comes with the goodness of 4.1.2. Well actually this time Samsung has come with some bug fixes and minor tweaks. So just follow the simple steps below and update your device and please keep in mind this update will not void your device warranty in any manner.
Now before you update your phone make sure to back up your files and important stuff and follow the instruction carefully..
So before we start the installation process , make sure that you have a back up copy of your data and please don’t use KIES because after this update it will not read your Device.
So first enable the USB Debugging by following the step “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”.
And please make sure your phone battery is left with min. 35%.
Now turn off your phone and boot it in recovery mode.You can enter Recovery Mode by pressing Volume Up Key, Center button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button.
In recovery mode, select “clear cache” and “wipe data / factory reset” option this will erase your data completely. Once done reboot your phone in normal mode. If you are on custom ROM firmware, then you also need to clear the dalvik cache.
Now the main Part:-
- Now turn your phone off and boot it in Downloading mode by pressing Volume down Key, Center button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button.
- Now connect your phone to your computer will the Odin is open, the ID : COM section will turn Yellow and this will tell you that your phone is connected with the computer and the drives have been installed an its ready to use.
- After all this click on “PDA” and select the TAR File which is having “code” in the file name you will get this file when you extract the downloaded file.
- Click on “Start” to start the process of firmware update.
- Once the flashing process is completed, the phone will automatically reboot and you will see a ‘Green’ PASS notification in the top-left-most box. It will take some time, around 4-5 minutes to boot up . You can unplug the device from the computer after you see the country selection menu .
Join the Forum discussion on this post
If you enjoyed this article, Get email updates (It’s Free)